It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:42 pm 

Hello all. I'm new here, but I hope I will be made welcome. This being my first post, I am sorry if it isn't perhaps what you are used to!

I will start by asking what these identical lanterns are. They look to me like some modified WRTL Arc 80 (or maybe 90), with a very nice 'spike' for what exclusively an industrial access road (however the adjacent car park and paths have the same spike so I assume they just designed all the columns to feature this . I will drop a linkie to a street view of them as I'm not sure if a photo has been added!

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.3585713 ... ?entry=ttu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:40 pm 
Random avatar

Hello & Welcome to UKASTLE! The lantern is called DW Windsor Serina in the UK or a AEC ILLUMINAZIONE Serika in its native Italy and the rest of Europe.
There is a few of these around Kensington in London.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kJLKj2V8XDPeuXRB6?g_st=ic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:26 pm 

Can anyone help me identify what this LED this is? I have been searching fruitlessly.
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.3811388 ... ?entry=ttu

When the new footbridge for Westgate-on-Sea station was constructed in 2020, these examples were installed on brand new Abacus base hinge columns. However, just a few weeks ago, between the 9th and 14th of February, this disease has rapidly reproduced and killed off all of the Urbis ZX1s (and 2 ZX12s that survived the old footbridge being removed) that lit the rest of the station. Only one of the old ZX1s survived the culling, obviously the engineers missed it as it was the only one not on the platform itself, either that or it was too hard to reach because it was behind a fence:
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.3814839 ... ?entry=ttu
Naturally I am quite upset, especially because all of the ZX1s worked (except for 2) and had all been converted to running LED corns. The ZX12s were both perfectly running up until their demise too, and dayburning wasn't an issue for any of them as the whole station is group controlled from somewhere. Anyway enough of my rambling, if you could help that would be very much appreciated!

I will try and get a better, close up photo tomorrow which I will post here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:10 pm 

Welcome to UKASTLE! The unknown LED lantern is a Dextra Opus.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:22 pm 

Rojojnr wrote:
I've just remembered that these installations which light Brick Lane in London's East End have been puzzling me. They look to be lanterns specially designed for the street (the columns are painted red and green to match the colours in the Bangladeshi flag, since Brick Lane is part of Banglatown) and have a kind of Asian design about them. I've heard from a lecturer at uni that they were installed in the mid-1990s. If anybody can finally clear up this mystery for me, I'll be very grateful!

Incidentally, if you move the camera down a bit, you'll see a lovely Falks Beaufort lantern that I've just discussed in the Hume Atkins/Falks Beaufort thread.

According to Phozagora, these are Metcraft Greenflower lanterns. Sadly, these have long since been replaced, however some of the new Albany installations mimic them.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:08 pm 
Formerly Paspie

Anyone have any idea what these lanterns are? They were short-lived on this bridge.