5   30%  30%  [ 3 ]
  6   0%  0%  [ 0 ]
  7   0%  0%  [ 0 ]
  8   10%  10%  [ 1 ]
  9   10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:03 am 

Santaarnpaal wrote:
They are not MA50 but its cursor, the Philips SRM.

The MA50,60,90/SRS201 series is based on this lantern.
http://www.santaarnpaal.net/coppermine/ ... =136&pos=4

I didn't think they looked quite right for MA's... obviously now I know because they aren't MA's!

Truvelo wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed that mine made it to the light-off and then fell at the last hurdle but I must admit that the winning picture is pretty unique. I would never have thought about taking a picture at the base of a column looking upwards.

To be honest, I like it when we go into a tiebreaker, because it means that the general feeling is split between two or more images that are viewed of as being of equal worthiness for the front page, as opposed to a large majority of votes just for one image (and maybe one or two votes for another but that's it). By putting the voting into a light-off, any straggling votes that were previously for another image can then be cast for one or the other. And at the end of the day, there was only ONE VOTE that swayed it....
I'm not going to say what would have happened if the light-off had resulted in a tie - I'm keeping that secret, and there'll only be one way to find out.
Quote:
By the way, what happened to my picture in the light-off? Did I upload it to the wrong place?

What do you mean? I followed the link from your original thumbnail image and then copied the URL of the larger image so that the larger image showed in the voting bits. It was uploaded OK, as I could see it fine.

At the moment, I haven't yet taken archived copies of the Photos for this month (been too busy with new scripts, and moving everything to a new SQL server), so please don't move or delete what was entered yet! this applies to anybod who entered...

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:08 pm 

...so that the larger image showed in the voting bits

FYI I have never been able to see Truvelo`s image in the posts related to the voting process, only the thumbnail in the original submission. It is possible that the "postimage.org" site doesn`t allow hotlinking to full sized pictures, only the reduced-size thumbnails, and you`re seeing a local cache rather than the online version.

(Firefox v3.6/Win XP)

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:56 pm 

mazeteam wrote:
I'm not going to say what would have happened if the light-off had resulted in a tie - I'm keeping that secret, and there'll only be one way to find out.

It sounds very much like the general election - the light-off being the deadlock caused by the hung parliament.

Chris M - yes, that's what I've been getting. I just get the word 'image' instead of the actual picture. I'll upload my entry to my own website in future and see what happens.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:22 pm 

Hmmm.... I did wonder at the time whether the external site would allow hotlinking of full sized images or not. Seems kinda silly that they don't, especially considering that the actual script they use for hosting the images posts a hotlink to an image (albeit a slightly smaller version)!

At least the original link worked so people could still see it.

Profile  Personal album